Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So this is what it feels like to be a farmer...

Perhaps slight hyperbole. But the idea is the same; sitting, staring at the sky, having all your plans depend on the weather (thank goodness not my livelihood). With the 29th and construction day looming large, and the impending rain clouds even larger, my FSL is increasing dramatically (that's Farmer Stress Level). All I've been doing is checking the weather forecast; but with its infamous accuracy I might as well be reading tea leaves.


Instead of continuing to worry my pretty little head (sure it is), I thought I'd try an stay in the farmer mindset and check the only truly reliable source...the Farmer's Almanac. Much to my dismay it only confirmed my fears, "May 27-31: Rain, then sunny, cool". However, we shall prevail, the show must go on; and building some boxes and filling them with dirt might be nice with a little sprinkle of rain to cool off the hard workers. Until then crossing my fingers and thinking desert like thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment