Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tomatoes...

Nothing gets a veggie gardener's attention more than that.

I’m starting to think about what to plant this in my garden, and year after year I always arrive at tomatoes as a good starting point. Part of the reason I think is that there is such a wide variety of plants you can experiment with, which always seems to peak my interest (check this tomato link out if you are interested, Casey’s Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie; that’s right they’re local and have an amazing seed catalogue). And also if you’re a bit of a scatter brain like me you are bound to miss some watering days, which tomatoes seem to be somewhat forgiving of in my experience, or lack there of. They are a great looking plant when they start to flower and develop fruit, and have an amazing smell that just screams summer.
 
 Following the scatter brain mindset it seems that every year I have to at minimum refresh my growing acumen, but more realistically re-learn how to do all things gardening; from holding a trowel to turning on the hose.  In this vein I searched out and found an amazing link for growing tomatoes online, it is a free e-book that has all the A-Z’s of tomatoeness, A Rough Guide to Growing Tomatoes. Enjoy, it has really helped me get ready for my great tomato quest. Hopefully this helps get you geared up for spring tomato season.

No comments:

Post a Comment