Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting brighter...

That's Mr. Vitamin D to you!
But still dark before I get home from work. I timed it today and was so close to making it home in daylight that I was almost skipping, about two minutes short. Which means I'm still battling the darkness like everyone else, and struggling for that Vitamin D. It would be so easy if we could just pop out to our community garden plots and grab a handful of greens while basking in the rays of summer, but alas record cold March is kicking my but. So being stuck inside I've been poking around trying to find some other natural ways to get the big D in my diet. And would do I find to my surprise, a cow is my savior (or at least one option), good old Canadian Beef. I stumbled across www.beefinfo.org and found the article Put More 'D' in Your Diet. By no means is anyone suggesting that you eat cheeseburgers 3 meals a day (though I may be willing to try this diet), but there are some great suggestions while waiting for our gardens to bloom, or even defrost.

Another way to beat the winter blahs (thanks goodness they're almost over) is to blog about them and how we are going to get over them when our wonderful gardens start to sprout. My wife and I were talking about all the delicious things we are going to eat from the garden and how we should blog about them because it makes us sad to look outside. She then came across a Conference on Blogging about Food www.eatwriteretreat.com which sounds pretty interesting. And quite frankly gives us something to day dream about because we are afraid to even open our front door.

So until spring really arrives good luck getting your D. Perhaps we should think about introducing cows to our gardens this summer, do they come in miniature sizes?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning and linking to Eat, Write, Retreat. We hope you will join us! As you probably already know, Canadian Beef is giving away 5 scholarships to Canadian bloggers to join the fun. Another reason to love Canadian Beef!

    Best,
    Casey
    Co-Founder
    www.eatwriteretreat.com

    ReplyDelete