Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Harvest Party 2010 a great success...

It was great to see everybody make it out to celebrate our inaugural Harvest Gardens year. True to form, as with all our community garden projects, the weather was a bit chilly. But as you can see from the pictures below everyone was having a great time sharing their gardening experiences from over the summer.

There was no limit of great food. I don't know who brought the watermelon dish but I couldn't stop eating it; it was unlike anything I had ever tasted, and if you know me you can tell I've obviously tasted my fair share of things. I don't think I've ever enjoyed such a variety of salads: from the creamy cucumber dill salad, to the fruit salad, 7 layer (maybe more) salad, I can't keep going on because my mouth is starting to water...But I will...a great rice and bean dish, stir fry, Ok now I have to stop. Well maybe just one last word on food, I think everyone gained a few extra pounds from the amazing spread offered at the dessert table. I'd like to pick a favourite but I think it's pretty hard to narrow down when you have at least two of everything.

Thanks to everyone who came out in our inaugural year, without all of us giving our time and effort projects like this simply wouldn't exist. A special thanks to Kate, Joanne, and Sunny who really put in the extra effort so that we could all enjoy our harvest celebration together. Apologies if I missed anyone (though hopefully you include yourself in everyone).

Any who, let your eyes feast on some of the pics from a great day. Here's looking forward to next year, hopefully the sun will decide to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment